Wednesday, September 5, 2007

HW:2 Response one of Burstein's 12 key ideas

This is my response to connecting one of Burstein's 12 key ideas to a commitment of my own.
I agree with number 3, that blogging, in addition to being a huge phenomenom in its own right, is the key meaphor for interactivity, community building, and genuine conversation.
This idea ties in with many interests that i have myself. The idea of blogging, although new to me all together has already had an influence on me. Not knowing what blogging is or what to do i have spoken to many people who say that they love it and they do it all off the time. When people like this tell me how awesome it is, it inspires me to want to do it also. Blogging to me is like Facebook.
Facebook, being one of my many hobbies seems to be sort of like a blog in that you can post things up and people can also respond to it. At first before i had a facebook i thought that it was going to be stupid and a waste of time but then once i started it i couldnt stop. The same goes for blogging with me. At first when i signed up for a blogging class i didnt know what i was getting into and i thought it would be the same as i thought facebook would be. But now that i have read and learned more about blogging from other people and from information i have researched i have realized that it is not that bad and is quite iteresting. It lets me communicate and be friendly and open with people that i probably would never talk to in person. It also lets me speak my mind and be free without having to be worried about what other people are thinking about me.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Connects the reading to your own experience, as requested--good.
Make sure to use quotation marks when you use someone else's words, and whenever you quote or summarize, give an in-text citation that gives the author and page number of the source.
For example:
I agree with number 3, that "blogging, in addition to being a huge phenomenon in its own right, is the key metaphor for interactivity, community building, and genuine conversation" (Kline and Burstein xxi).