Wednesday, September 19, 2007

HW: 9 Applying Graff, Chapter 4 to Waldman or Huffington for A Blog of One's Own: Women and Authorship in the Digital Revolution

This is my response to Waldman’s interview pages 308-314. In This interview there are many questions asked to Waldman that are controversial. On Page 311 one of her statements is that “you blog about what outrages you or what moves you enough to write”. I agree with this statement because I can relate to it also. If I were forced to blog about things that didn’t interest me at all I would probably not do it at all. Many people today blog about things in the media and stuff about stars or something on the news that will draw other people’s attention and get other bloggers involved. Blogging about stuff that nobody wants to hear or respond to makes blogging dull and boring.
The statement that I do not agree with is on page 313 when she is asked why she wrote so much about her personal life. If I were a famous blogger or just a regular old everyday person who blogs I would never want other people to know all of my personal business. It says that she shared information about her sex life with her husband, her relationships with her children and eventually she wrote a suicide note. I believe that this information can be way too much for strangers to read on the internet. I would not want to write these things about myself and I would be shocked if I were just reading somebody’s random blog and it talked about all of their personal life.

2 comments:

Tracy Mendham said...

Responds to Waldman with the agree/disagree--good.
I don't see a Chapter 4 template here, though.

Tracy Mendham said...

No HW 11?