Wednesday, September 12, 2007

HW: 6 Interest Statement for Semester-Long Project

This is my response to the Interest Statement for the Semester-Long Project. The three social computing technologies that I am most interested in are social networking services, email, and podcasting. I am interested in social networking services because I am used to going on websites like that already like facebook and myspace. I also love to email to keep in touch with my friends and family so I chose email also. I have never actually used podcasting and I am not too sure what it is but many of my friends do it and love it so I thought it would be something interesting to look up.
The three empowerment socialized groups that I would be interested in are overcoming homophobia, because I have many friends who are gay and I do not understand why people can be so scared of someone just because of their sexuality. Also, rights and empowerment of people with HIV/AIDS and overcoming sexism because I think that some things that people do and say about the differences between men and women bother me.
The two geographical areas that I am interested in looking at would be the United States because I know of many of the problems already occurring here. And other developing countries because since they are new and developing they should learn more of these technologies and such before they develop so that they are used to it and know about it to tell others in their country.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

These will be interesting topics to research.
Don't forget to capitalize names like Facebook and MySpace.